a good family day out at the Baby Show

My Mum accompanied the girls and I to the Baby show at Birmingham NEC.  Having attended quite a number of shows in the past I now know what to expect, but each show is unique and just gets better every time.  My Mum and I love to watch as the pregnant visitors and their partners stock up on all they need for their, what appears to be imminent, new arrival.  Those with their lovely newborns picking up some amazing bargains and those like myself shopping for their beautiful children.

the baby show

The baby show really does cater for many offering superb bargains and discounts and displaying some of the latest in baby products.  It was really lovely to meet Aquaint which is a brand I have come across recently.  I really loved the idea and it was great to finally see the product in action.  It is a 100% natural cleansing water that is safe if drunk and can be used to clean hands, face, cuts, baby products what is really great is that it kills 99.9% bacteria.  I think this is certainly a product to watch.

Having visited the baby show before it is always lovely to catch up with friends, Vital Baby, Easi Dream, Water wipes, Cheeky wipes and MaByLand.  I must also say a huge thank you to Cheeky Rascals who helped me fix my daughters Buggy board and to Maxi Cosi for some amazing transportation, more on this to follow shortly.

Nice and cosy in Maxi cosi

The Baby show also gave me the chance to see Mia Tui bags up close.  All I can say is wow, I think my Mum and I stood there for a good while just loving the bags.  I had a lovely chat with the Mums at Tots Bots, who have such wonderful knowledge on cloth nappies.  At every Baby show I always have to have a walk over to the Bunk Cot company, as I just love the Bunk cot.  It is such a great product for those with more than one child who are short on space, a really innovative idea.  

I took the opportunity at this show to sign up with Nappies 2 go, as I ran out of time to talk to them in detail at Excel.  I am a huge fan of reducing waste and recycling and I think it is amazing value for money to help reduce the amount which goes to landfill.  I look forward to the service commencing.  As a huge fan of wooden toys I was amazed by the selection on Batteries not Included.  The bright and wonderful colours on Great little Emporium had us wishing we could buy everything.

As with every show, I find I always run out of time and wished I had had more to spend talking to Bramble Rose.  I was so impressed with not only the quality but how beautiful everything looked

bramble rose

I loved the new advanced comfort bottle from tommee tippee, which is designed to reduce air injection and encourage a good latch on to help reduce colic in infants.  It is a shame I no longer use bottles with my daughter else I would have been very tempted to purchase one.  Kiddy also had me wanting another baby just so I could try out their new evolution pro .  It is a new generation of car seats, which just by moving the handle moves the baby into a more relaxed, natural sleeping position.  It conforms with new car seat regulations by growing with a child up to 15 months, and as you would expect can be used on a travel system.  I was just amazed by how easy to use, light weight and well protected a new born, or even premature baby would be.

If all that wasn't enough there were free drinks from Peter Rabbit Organic Drinks, which went down a huge treat with my girls who are already a fan of the product.  Beautifully decorated stands including fake grass from Cosatto which my youngest loved the feel off, apologies once again to Cosatto for my daughter 'exploring' your stand.  Wonderful pictures which would make amazing gifts from the day that and a first aid app from the red cross, which I shall be downloading.

My eldest daughter was in amazement at the pic and mix, I don't think she has ever seen so many sweets before

sweets

I think by far her highlight of the show was the play area provided by Little tikes

and she is offshopping


I think she would have happily played there all day had the promise of an ice cream not tempted her to come out.  Amazing facilities by Little Tikes, who played games including pass the parcel, which my eldest has not stopped talking about.  

For me though my favourite finds of the show were Gumi Gem, as my youngest is teething at the moment and I am hoping this will help her, Brush baby as I am beginning to struggle to brush my youngest teeth [almost on a full set] and this should make things easier, Bundle Bean who I have seen the products on the Internet and was even more impressed up close, I managed to find the cuddle twist from Cuddle Dry after rather a lot of searching, and finally BOB gear as the range of strollers available would be perfect for taking the girls with me on my training for the Yorkshire 3 peaks.

I think though for my youngest her favourite part of the show, other than the previously mentioned Cosatto stand was the colourful and and beautiful products from Funky Giraffe bibs.  I could not resist them and I know I am biased but she does look ever so cute in them

giraffe

We all had such an amazing day and I cannot wait for the next show and for some new discoveries.

This day I love a good family day out at the Baby show.

You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. Sounds like a fantastic time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The show just gets better and better. Can't wait for October.
    Great post hun :)

    Lotte xo
    BericeBaby - Parenting & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a lovely day! There's a lot of brands for me to check out here thank you x
    http://amummysview.com

    ReplyDelete

This day I love comments and I read everyone